Glee actor Cory Monteith, 31-year-old, died Saturday of heroin and alcohol overdose in a Vancouver hotel room.
Monteith, a brilliant actor on stage apparently wasn’t brilliant when it came to his usage of drugs. Monteith had admitted he was a drug addict and was opened about his lifelong struggles with alcohol and drugs; however, the combination of heroin and alcohol is a self-imposed death sentence.
“Nobody takes drugs for that long if they want to stay on the planet. The hard truth is that some people will always want to destroy themselves, and there's nothing society can do about it,” said Bill O'Reilly, host of The O'Reilly Factor, while referring to the late Whitney Houston. Houston’s toxicology results contained cocaine, marijuana, Xanax, Flexeril and Benadryl.
Earlier this month the Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office in Atlanta reported that Rapper Chris ‘Mac Daddy’ Kelly’s toxicology and autopsy report shows the rapper died of cocaine and heroin overdose.
NBC News reported last year, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), documented an alarming 80 percent increase in first use of heroin among teens since 2002.
The reality is drug kills! If you’re reading this post and are using illegal or street drugs you are ……………..! (You fill in the blank).
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Join the conversation! What do you think about this post? At the bottom of the page, Chocolate City is using Facebook comments on stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then add your comment. Please like us on FACEBOOK and follow us on TWITTER.