After four years in prison, of what appeared to have been a pay-back for his non-conviction in the alleged killing of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, O.J. Simpson appeared in a Las Vegas courtroom on Monday trying to get his robbery, assault and kidnapping convictions thrown out.
Simpson, 65-year-old, was convicted in 2008 and was sentenced to 33-years in prison after he led a group of his associates into a room at the Palace Station hotel while using a gun to forcefully take back his memorabilia that he claimed were stolen.
Meanwhile, CNN reported today that,
“Simpson accuses his old lawyer, Yale Galanter, of having a conflict of interest and of failing to mount an effective defense in his trial. He also says Galanter told him before that confrontation that he was within his rights to take back property he believed had been stolen from him, "so long as there would be no trespass and no physical force used against the persons with the property."”
Simpson, the Heisman Trophy winner and former Buffalo Bills star halfback is not eligible for parole until 2017.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Join the conversation! Do you think O. J. Simpson's robbery, assault and kidnapping convictions should be thrown out?
Join the conversation! At the bottom of the page, Chocolate City is using Facebook comments on stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then add your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box. Please like us on FACEBOOK and follow us on TWITTER.