An official report of Whitney Houston toxicology results were released by the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office.
The well-liked and musically talented singer, Whitney Houston, 48-year-old, died from an accidental drowning in a hotel bathtub with “extremely hot water,” about 12 inches deep. Although Houston died from drowning, the "effects of atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use" were contributing factors in her death, the report added.
The toxicology report also revealed that beside cocaine, Houston had other drugs in her body, including marijuana, the anti-anxiety drug Xanax, the muscle relaxant Flexeril and the allergy medicine Benadryl. But these drugs, the report added, "did not contribute to the death," the report added.
Houston's sister-in-law and manager issued a statement saying they are thankful to finally know how the singer died.
"We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure," said Patricia Houston, the singer's sister-in-law and manager, in a statement to the Associated Press.
Houston died on February 11th in her hotel room at the Beverly Hilton hotel.
Share on Facebook